It's a player's choice if the coach chooses to make it that.
It should NEVER be a player's choice as to where he wants to play. There's no "I" in team. If a coach puts up with that,then it is a crock. You play where you can do the most good for the team,not where you nab the Coalfield press.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
It's a player's choice if the coach chooses to make it that.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It should NEVER be a player's choice as to where he wants to play. There's no "I" in team. If a coach puts up with that,then it is a crock. You play where you can do the most good for the team,not where you nab the Coalfield press. </div></div>
I agree with that, that is one of the points I was attempting to get across. I coached for years and I can not recall one time asking a player if they "wanted" to play a certain position. YOu are right a coach must make decisions that will benefit the team and explain that to any player that does not agree.
Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
One more thing for tonight.....<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FFCC00">GO DAWGS!!!!!!!</span></span>
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing for tonight.....<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FFCC00">GO DAWGS!!!!!!!</span></span> </div></div>
That would be shockingly awsome if they could pull off the upset..lol
Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
I know of a few that were asked before position changes at PV back in the day...cuz there were lots of skilled players who ended up making good linemen. I've never known of anyone turning down the position after being asked tho. But, times have changed.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Yes it would...but I pull for Appy unless they are playing PV. Always have.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know of a few that were asked before position changes at PV back in the day...cuz there were lots of skilled players who ended up making good linemen. I've never known of anyone turning down the position after being asked tho. But, times have changed. </div></div>
Tell me about it, times have really changed. Not to associate this comment with the person in discussion, but these days most players would quit or not play hard like you said earlier.
Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
My eldest wants to start at LB. The coach told him that he would start at safety. He was dissapointed for oh,about 15 seconds,and said to me "Whatever we have to do to win dad". As a coach,you have to put your personnel where they need to be,not where they want to be. If my 7th-grade son can deal with it,this young man can too. Way too much coddling nowadays,people afraid people are going to quit. Who needs 'em I say.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My eldest wants to start at LB. The coach told him that he would start at safety. He was dissapointed for oh,about 15 seconds,and said to me "Whatever we have to do to win dad". As a coach,you have to put your personnel where they need to be,not where they want to be. If my 7th-grade son can deal with it,this young man can too. Way too much coddling nowadays,people afraid people are going to quit. Who needs 'em I say. </div></div>
That is awsome that you have installed that attitude in your boy. Right on papa..lol
Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
Bookmarks